Signs You May Have Hearing Loss lifestyle hearing
Have you started to notice that your hearing is not as good as it used to be? To help gauge your hearing health, answer these questions as honestly as you can. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of them, it is important to schedule an evaluation.
- Do you often ask others to repeat themselves?
- Have people ever told you that you turn the TV or radio up too loud?
- Do you hear some people more clearly than others?
- Is it difficult for you to hear in a crowded restaurant, a large group situation, or when there is background noise?
- Do you hear a conversation, but have difficulty understanding the words?
- Are you withdrawing more from contact with friends and family?
- Do you find telephone conversations increasingly straining?
- Do you have trouble hearing normal household sounds, such as a dripping of the faucet or doorbell ringing?
- Have you been told that you speak too loudly?